Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

This is my favorite time of year and Thanksgiving is such a joyful holiday and this year we have so much to be thankful for. I recently read an article that said that studies show that people with grateful hearts have happier lives. I truly believe that and though I strive to live my life that way, day to day stresses often get in my way of that goal. But I am grateful and thankful for so much. I'm thankful for our house and instead of complaining of being stuffed to the gills, this year I vow to be thankful that we have a home, that its heated/cooled and that we are free and safe. I'm thankful for our wonderful friends, family and military family. Like my friend Tammi said on her blog, in recent years as Nolan grows, its been more difficult for me to be so far from where both Brian and I grew up and where the majority of our families live. I long to be with them every single holiday. And yet, I do believe my life is fuller because of the friends we have spent holidays with while living from our families. "Home" is indeed where the Air Force sends us. I'm grateful for friends who help take care of Nolan while I'm sick, whether planned, or last minute. I'm thankful for support of loved ones, because when the going gets tough, sadly not everyone in this world is blessed with this kind of support. I am of course thankful for my best friend, my husband. He works so hard to provide for our family, so that I can stay home with Nolan, and yet shares in so much of the household responsibilities. I'm especially thankful for our sweet Nolan, who continues to test and challenge and awe and amaze me. He brings laughter into every day and with every single day my love grows for him. I'm thankful for my Lord, who has opened my eyes to incredible things this past year. They have not all been easy lessons, but He has brought me much peace, joy and wisdom, and I look forward to learning more and growing more in His way. There is so much more to be thankful for, but we have a full day ahead of us. I pray that each of you has a beautiful day, full of laughter, friends, love, family and food. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: