Sunday, November 30, 2008

November's Nolanisms

I am being a total copy cat and stealing this idea from Cheyna (she calls her monthly "ramblings" and I refrained from stealing the title name, but I was certainly tempted). Anyway, Nolan is at a great age where he does and especially says some REALLY funny, weird, crazy things. There are so many that it would be silly to keep posting them seperately, so I will be keeping a monthly tab and at the end of each month I'll post them!
  • Nolan for a long time referred to anything that was in the past and not today as "yesternight." And he would usually preface it with, "Remember, yesternight...?"Just recently he has changed all of his past tense stories to "A couple weeks ago." "Remember, a couple weeks ago...?"
  • Being new at going potty, there is lots of exciting times in the bathroom. He recently went and was very excited and shouted, "Momma, come look. There's a Momma poop, a Daddy poop, and a Baby poop! Ohhh, the baby poop is so cute." I couldn't make this up if I tried. Then when we flushed he waved good-bye to all of them by name.
  • Lately when I get frustrated with Nolan (usually when we're trying to get out the door to go somewhere), he just holds up on of his hands to me and says, "Easy. Just chill out." I can't help but laugh!
  • Nolan loves to ask where things are, like people's doctors, houses, etc. Yesterday he was standing in our room and randomly asked Brian where Dylan's house was. Brian pointed that direction and said, "You just drive that way to get to Dylan's house." Nolan's response was a very lively, "No Daddy, you can't drive through the walls!!"
  • I got my toes painted brown (for fall) and since it's been way too long since I've done my toenails Nolan got very confused. He asked, "Where are your red nails?" And I said, I had them painted a different color, brown. He thought a minute and said, "So where did you put your other red nails?" I had to get some nail polish out to explain the logistics of it all, so he wouldn't think I had a drawer full of toes in different shades.
  • Nolan will try to scam/talk his way out of time out anyway he can. This morning he was crying and said he was "scared." I told him I was in the kitchen and turned on the light while he finished his time out. When he got finished, he told me, "I had a scary dream in time out. It was realllly scary."
  • Every time Nolan gets in trouble lately he tells us, "You hurt my feelings." Which actually sounds like this, "You hurt my feeewings." The first couple times it was cute, but now he uses it as an excuse instead of listening to what he did wrong, so we told him he can't say that when he's in trouble (to which he responds, "But you hurt my feewings and that makes me sad.")

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Nolan is a HOOT!!! Love the extra toes in a drawer. Kurt , Maddie and I LOL over the poop naming story. What a little scammer. :0) BTW We had SNOW overnight. Maddie just came in from playing in it. Enough to make snowballs and throw at people. We expected just a dusting. I had just gotten her snow pant and boots so they came in handy. Love Gramma. (PawPaw is out hunting in Bowling Green)

The Kendall Family said...

He is soooo funny!! I love reading what comes out of his mouth!! Hope you guys are doing well and had a Happy Thanksgiving! xoxo, becca

Bethalow said...

WAT TOO FUNNY!!! Great idea- I just might steal it too! (Thanks Cheyna!) :)