Sunday, January 04, 2009

Animal Kingdom

We spent one of the days at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Of everything we did that week, I'll admit this was my least favorite and I wish I could pin point exactly why because I've heard so many good things about it. One reason was that Nolan could not ride much because of height requirements and he was extremely bummed. I think I just expected ALOT and it didn't pan out to be as exciting as I thought. That being said, we had a good time, but in comparison with the rest of the parks, it wasn't at the top of my list. They can't all be my favorite! It did have an AWESOME playground that Maddie and Nolan both loved and could have spent all day on if we let them!

Maddie and a monkey. I'm pretty sure this is a character from a Disney movie, but I can't recall his/her name:

The awesome tree in the background and the clan, minus myself:Grandma, Maddie, Nolan and Brian on one of the "kid" rides they had. I think this was the only one Nolan could ride: The petting zoo (which consisted only of goats)Nolan and Maddie putting their heads in a dinosaur mouth at the playground! Aaah! This is the big "brown" roller coaster that Nolan asks about at least 3 times a day. He wanted to ride this sooooo bad, but he has awhile before he's tall enough. Brian, Kathy & Dennis rode it, while the kids and I watched. This is actually them, when you zoom in on the picture you can see their faces. Apparently it was pretty awesome and Nolan and I have a date to go back in a few years so we can ride it together!!

1 comment:

Rumour Miller said...

Would you say we should skip Animal Kingdom? Piper is about 38 inches.