Monday, June 15, 2009

Quick Update

I really, really promise I tried to update sooner than this. But between going back and forth between the hospitals, feeding and pumping, this is as good as you get! Daniel's surgery was pushed back again. Instead of his surgery, a heart transplant surgery was needed to be done instead, so it's a very good reason! Things are in motion for Daniel's surgery to be done tomorrow morning at 7:30 AM. I know nothing is a guarantee, but it really seems like things are actually happening for sure this time. We spoke with the surgeon this morning and went over everything. It's been kind of a tough day preparing for all of this. Daniel's nurse told us that no matter how we may try to "prepare" that seeing him after surgery will be shocking and difficult. This morning we held him again, sang to him, and loved on him lots. Tonight the nurse actually let us give him a bath! Of course, it's a "sponge" type bath because of the umbilical cord and IV's, but it was wonderful. Brian and I each took a side and bathed his beautiful little body and then got to change a very poopy diaper! It was a very special moment. Then we got back to the room in time to feed Joseph.

I will try really hard to keep everyone updated via the blog tomorrow. His surgery is supposed to take about 5 hours and we are also supposed to be discharged. Thank you all so much, yet again, for the prayers and thoughts and overflowing love. This is definitely the most difficult thing we've faced, but don't doubt that we feel your love and prayers. And one of these days, I will return phone calls, messages and emails. I still appreciate them, even if I can't return them just yet! Okay, I have GOT to try to get some shut eye, we have a big day ahead of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sam and Brian and beautiful boys. I want you to know that I have been thinking about you and praying that all goes well. I am so anxious to hold those two beautiful little boys but know that this is an overwhelming time so I'm waiting patiently:)They are so perfect looking and Daniel is already the miracle baby growing as big as he did. Remember again that my prayers are with you.

Luv,
Aunt Terri