Monday, August 31, 2009

Nolan says the darndest things

  • Nolan informed me one morning, "My heart is beeping." I said "yes, it is." He asked, "Does it beep all day?" I told him, "Yes it sure does, all day and all night.Always. But it's BEAT. Your heart is BEATING." Pause. "Nuh-uh, mom, it's BEEPING."
  • Nolan asked me if while I was pregnant, if the babies had a blanket in my belly to keep them warm.
  • Nolan asked me what a cemetery was, which took us down the path of some interesting questions that I wasn't quite prepared for. After my explanation he said, "So you have to go down in the ground to die to get to Heaven?" A couple minutes later, after more talk of Heaven and how God lives there Nolan said, in the most innocent voice I could imagine, "Mommy, when I go to Heaven I want to take you and Daddy and the babies and then see God, but just for a little while, then I want to come back here."

2 comments:

Bengela said...

Just so you know...now whenever I have a temper tantrum with Ben, I start screaming "I wanna picnic"...he loves me for that.

Becky said...

Just had to tell you I've been checking in, and your boys are so precious! ALL of them! :)