Monday, June 06, 2011

Daniel Update

Hi, just a quick note, for anyone that's not on facebook with me or hasn't heard, Daniel's surgery last Wednesday went smoothly and perfectly! His "tethered" cord was extra tight, so it was very good he recieved the surgery. He was a real trooper. He had to lie flat for almost two full days. All he wanted when he woke up was to be held and he was so mad I couldn't pic him up. He would reach his little arms up and cry, "Momma, momma, Mooooommma!" over and over. I would crawl into bed with him, try to comfort him, but he was so angry, he would turn his face away, tears streaming down. Eventually he would begin slapping me in the face, which is what I wanted to do to the doctors for not letting me hold my baby. Then he would give in, sigh, drink some juice, eat, and watch tv. On Friday morning the doctor gave me the thumbs up to hold him. I didn't hesitate for a second. I picked him up and D heaved this huge relieved sigh and buried his head into my chest, glued to me for the rest of the day. We came home later that afternoon and we couldn't slow him down. He chased his brothers, played, ate and laughed. But most importantly, he got to sit on my lap and I got to sing him his night time lullaby the way its meant to be...child in his momma's arms, rocking back and forth, cradled close. Many, many thanks for prayers, support and love. We are so blessed. And so very grateful. Photobucket

1 comment:

Mom Mc said...

Making Gramma cry again . Can't wait to see you all.