Friday, June 24, 2011

Beach Party

We had the twins birthday party the Saturday following their actual birthday. It was a beach theme...so of course, Mother Nature thought it would be funny to have it rain most of the day. We had originally planned on having a kiddie pool and slip and slide, but the torrentual downpour an hour before their party was our final decision against such activities. Thankfully the rain stopped enough that the kids could enjoy the outdoors some and Brian could still grill.

And this breaks my heart, but I was really good about taking a bunch of pictures before guests arrived, because I knew it would be hectic. And it was. And I wouldn't change it, because we're so blessed to have so many people we adore. But I didn't get ONE picture of Nolan, who was in a matching shirt. Not one picture of Brian or myself. And certainly no family photo. Oh well, it did make me take a vow to get a family shot every weekend, no matter what.

I got a bit creative this year and made their banners.

I made the cupcakes, but ordered these adorable cupcake wrappers and toppers from Etsy.

I made their hats, too.

Unfortunately, they had no interest in wearing them. Thats okay, Cami liked my crafting...And the boys liked the cupcakes, so I guess that's the important part.
The "crab" cakes that the cupcakes were served on. Kathy and Dennis actually made these, they turned out super cute! The food was served in beach pails!
Mary, enjoying dessert! Callie: Their birthday present. We have had our eye on one of these since Nolan fell in love with it at Andi and Mark's years ago. Now that we have 3 boys, it just seemed like a good time. The boys LOVE it!
Photobucket

2 comments:

Stefenie said...

What a great party! I loved all of the neat little touches you added!

The Vrabecs said...

Ok Martha you can come to my house in September and stay through October and do the girls' parties! You did a fantastic job Momma! I may have to steal some of it
:-)