Monday, June 20, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day weekend was chalk full of get togethers, BBQ's, dinners out, friends and family outings. Friday my sweet friends took me and Cheryl out for a birthday dinner and then we relaxed outside with sangrias when we got home. Unfortunately I didn't snap one picture that night. The next night Brian and the boys took me out for sushi and then we came home and had cake that Nolan and Brian spent all day making. Brian also cleaned the house so that friends could join us for the cake...I'm so spoiled!
If you can believe it, it tasted even better than it looked!!
Monday we took the boys to the city for some water play and to eat at Quincy Market. If you've never been to Boston, Quincy Market has a ton of little eatieries, street performers and shops. We grabbed a cheap bite to eat and took it outside to eat.
On a whim, we decided to take a carriage ride downtown. The boys loved it! Of course, Nolan's favorite part was when the carriage ride was over and as we passed the horse, he decided to potty and splashed a different passer byer. Nolan laughed so hard I thought he might bust a rib. The fountain:
The twins wanted nothing to do with the fountains, but were more than happy to snack while Nolan played. The pretty greenery/arch tunnel. It probably has an actual name, but I don't know it. Nolan being a goofball after playing on a playground:
More pictures of Memorial Day to follow...
Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday Sam! That cake looks delish. I am going to copy the decor soon!

The Vrabecs said...

sounds like a fantastic weekend! Makes me miss Boston, Quincy Market is awesome!