Monday, April 09, 2007

Just in time for Easter...

After the Easter Egg hunt Saturday I sprung an idea on the gang. I didn't suggest it earlier in case I decided to chicken out. But I knew I couldn't put it off much longer...so we went and did it. We had Nolan's hair cut for the first time! We went to a family salon that had a whole room just for kids. They even have motorcycles for the kids to sit on while they get their hair cut. Nolan wasn't sure if he liked the motorcycles, though, so we opted for a chair with a booster seat. He did soooo good! I was such a proud momma, I have to admit! We fed him vanilla wafers & graham crackers and he sat so still almost the whole time and flirted with the sweet girl cutting his hair. I felt better knowing she had a 3 year old. We of course saved a lock of his hair (which we had begun calling his mullet, it was so long) and they even gave Nolan a gift certificate for completing his first hair cut. He looks sooo handsome now (not like he didn't before), but he also looks like a big boy, not so much like a baby.
Before pics:

The famous first hair cut:

Eating some yummies during the whole thing (He loved that he could watch himself eat in the mirror and kept chewing his food, then opening his mouth...hey, whatever keeps him still & happy)!

Leaning his head back like such a good boy...he actually enjoyed this especially when the girl was right behind him and he could rest his head on her. Hmm, all boy, isn't he? And I have no idea what the heck I am doing...laughing and scratching my wrist.

Momma & her big boy!

Brian and a "finished product" Nolan (we actually forgot to take good pictures of him after it was all done, we just were snapping pics during...I'll post better pics of his new haircut soon):

2 comments:

Kim and Matt said...

How cute is he?? I can't believe how big he's getting....he's already surpassed Avery on the whole first hair cut thing! :) I haven't tackled that adventure yet.

Miss you guys...thanks for the Easter card and pics!

The Vrabecs said...

Abby thinks her boyfriend looks very handsome with his new haircut!!