Tuesday, April 24, 2007

We love visitors!

We had a fantastic weekend! Friday we started it all out with dinner at Hooter's, with our distinguished guest, Rowdy (in town for "business"). We celebrated his turning 30, then headed to our place for a little while to hang out.
Saturday I headed to the airport to pick Jeanne up from the airport. Jeanne and I worked together at LCCC and she is one of the most wonderful gals I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. The only sad thing about her coming, was that she had to eventually leave. Nolan took to her very quickly and they are now the best of pals. Saturday night we went to Jake & Jamies for some dinner and the guys played poker. We didn't stay too late, as we knew we had a long day Sunday. We went to church, then dropped Nolan at the babysitters and headed out on the boat with Rowdy & Jake (Jamie had to study, booo!) It was a GORGEOUS day and perfect for boating. The water was still a little chilly for my taste, but it was so nice being out on Miss Behaving again. It was my first time on the boat without Nolan...I kept wondering how he would do since he's so much older and I can't wait to take him out, but I also enjoyed the peace of having some time to actually focus on friends and hubby! Monday Jeanne, Nolan and I headed to Destin for some shopping and lunch. It was another gorgeous day, in the 80's. We sat outside while Nolan napped and caught some rays, and when Bri got home we headed to Hideway, our favorite pizza place in town. We officially live in a small town...while none of us planned it, we ran into who else, but Cheyna, Andrew & Abby at dinner! So they were able to meet Jeanne, too. I was sad to see Jeanne leave today, but I'm soooo grateful she came out to see us and I loved hearing about the LCCC family that I miss so much!
Rowdy, "Wingman" & the waitress:

Myself, Jamie & Chey:Rowdy, Andrew, Brian & Jake:

Jeanne & I on the boat:

Jeanne & Bri at lunch: Quote of the day, "It's not that cold once you get in..."

Jeanne & Nolan at lunch Monday:

1 comment:

Kim and Matt said...

How cool that Jeanne came out to visit!! Looks like you guys had so much fun....I'm jealous of the boating weather! It's snowing here tody!! YUCK!!!!!