Sunday, September 21, 2008

Bathroom Makeover

I feel guilty that this post hasn't been done sooner considering how hard Brian worked on this bathroom. The week prior to Labor Day weekend, Brian took some leave to do this home project, because otherwise it would probably not get done. Most of you that know Brian know that Brian is very in tune with detail. If he does something, he does something right and he does it well, even if it takes a longer time. I'll confess that in the midst of many of his larger projects he's done in the time we've been married, this character trait borders a very thin line between a strength and a fault. This particular project was no different, but as always, in the end, he's right and I'm so very grateful he did it right and the final result is fantastic. Brian not only primed and painted the walls, he painted the floorboards and the doors to the cabinet, also adding hardware to the doors and updating our doorknob. He put in a new light fixture that I love! He replaced the towel racks with the Southern Living at Home bathroom set I had bought a while back with this bathroom in mind. And finally, what took the most blood, sweat and tears...he ripped up the floor. Then he ripped up the other floor that the previous owners had left and put tile down. It looks soooo awesome and I'm so grateful to him for his hard work and his fine craftsmanship. And just when I thought I might have to sell him on e-bay...
Here are some pictures, but I really don't feel like they do the job justice.
You can see the light a little better when I turned it off and just left the flash on:
And because he had over a week off work, he was able to grow out his goatee. Just like he had when we dated back in the day.

3 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

Now that he is done with the bathroom (which looks great by the way) you can send him over here! I have a ton that needs to be done and considering Andrew pretty much lives in Orlando, I don't think it will ever get done :)

momto2boys said...

Awesome job Brian!! I love the towel racks!!

Anonymous said...

It looks gorgeous! I wish my man would do some remodeling for me. I bought some new faucets for both the bathrooms a month ago and they are still sitting in the box!!!:(