Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Camping Adventure

Brian, Nolan and I arrived home safely Monday afternoon after a fantastic weekend of camping. Nolan literally cried when he realized we wouldn't be sleeping in the camper (that we rented from base) that night. We traveled up north a bit to Alabama and stayed at a great state park near Birmingham. My only complaint (other than bugs and critters, but I'm pretty much a wimp, I'm okay with that) was that we didn't have enough time to do everything we wanted. We're already contemplating a trip back before we leave. There's no way to post all the pictures from our trip, but I'll try to choose the best ones over a few posts. On a side note, thank you for all your prayers, phone calls and updates as to where Gustav was heading. We weren't sure when we left Friday what we'd be coming home to. I'm grateful our home was spared, sad that others weren't as lucky and relieved that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. There were LOTS of evacuees pouring into the camp Saturday night and all day Sunday and Monday. It was humbling to chat with these people. This is just another reason, that though I think this area is beautiful, I couldn't ever hang my boots. So, on a happier note, I want to hear about everyone else's (hopefully) long weekend...what did you do? Who did you see? Leave us a comment and let us know what you're up to!
The pop up camper, that Nolan thought would make a loud POP when opened. He was happy it didn't!
It took Brian 5 minutes to set this up. Apparently these "a-frame" type pop ups are fairly new to the camper scene and we were questioned all weekend on it. People were sooo curious we joked that we should charge a fee and give tours. It sleeps 4, there is a/c, a small fridge, stove, sink, one bed converts to a table & two chairs in the day, the other to a couch. There was certainly not much storage space if were camping longer than a weekend, but I will probably never camp in a tent again after this. Brian cooking up dinner the first night. Okay, I'd love to post more, but I'm exhausted, more pics to follow soon!

2 comments:

momto2boys said...

Camping...so fun!!! We did not get to do near enough this year ourselves.... :)

The Vrabecs said...

That is a cool little camper, not really what I had imagined! Why are there only pics of Brian with the camper though??