Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Grammie & Pop Pop's Visit

As mentioned in my previous post, my parents drove down for a visit last week. It was so awesome having them here and so much fun watching Nolan play with them. My dad's such a goofball, I'm not sure Nolan knew what to make of him half the time, but Nolan sure laughed A LOT! My mom entertained Nolan in only a way Grandma's are allowed...with candy and sugar!! Thanks so much for making the trip and for spoiling all of us!!!
Almost as soon as my parents walked through the door, Nolan asked to swing, which he rarely does anymore. But he totally remembers that Pop Pop is a champion swing pusher! Higher Pop Pop!!
Swimming. Nolan, thanks to Pop Pop, now knows what "dunking" and "pushing people in the pool" means, but we have assured him that these are "GRANDPA ONLY" games. This is my dad trying to relax at postal point. But toddlers quickly pick up on who the fun one is. So this is what he did most of the time, play with Nolan and Abby. I'm not sure who needed a nap more after we were all done. Out to dinner. Nolan was showing us his blue tongue from his sucker. And Brian's just being a dork goofball. Actually, Brian had some of the sucker and it is a bit blue! My mom did a scavenger hunt with the kids. The prize was quarters, which the kiddos were ecstatic over! They had a blast!This is what my old man does when I tell him to smile for the camera. I could put together a whole album of pictures like this. :)

2 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

It was so nice to finally meet your parents! Abby keeps talking about "her" grandpa and dunking him and searching for fish at the beach :) I hope to see them again soon!

Susan said...

The resemblance is amazing!!!! ;-) Sorry i wasn't able to meet them. GS