Tuesday, May 26, 2009

34 Weeks!!!

Here I am today, at the 34 week mark! Here are the facts and some updates on what's going on!
  • As of last Friday, I was measuring 42 weeks. Which explains why my uterus gets irritated sometimes and I cramp.
  • So far, we have only been to Labor & Delivery (L&D) one time, for a scare in the middle of the night. Turns out it was as the above mentioned, "uterine irritability."
  • At my last ultrasound, two weeks ago, Baby A was measured at 4 lb, 14 oz and in the 90% of weight (aka huge). Baby B measured at 3 lbs 15 oz, in the 32% of weight (aka normal).
  • For surgery purposes, they would like baby to be at least 5 lbs. Going by their calculations, that would happen around 35 weeks....and after 36 they most likely won't stop labor!
  • Our birth plan is still unsure. If either baby is breech we will get a C-section and if they are both head down with no other complications, we'll go ahead and try natural. Natural with an epidural!
  • The doctor here did something crazy the first time I saw him...he took me off bed rest. I am still resting when I can, but its strange to be "free of it completely.
  • I have lots more to share, but I'm falling asleep!

10 comments:

momto2boys said...

Yeah!! Everything sounds so positive in this post!!! You look awesome!!! Miss you friend!! Happy birthday! Still praying for both of your baby boys... :)

Love ya Lots,

Tammi and the boys

The Vrabecs said...

Wow, such a blessing that you have made it this far! I think a few months ago that this milestone seemed far less likely! Keep baking those babies for a few more weeks and then we will finally get to meet those 2 precious boys. I wish I were closer so I could help, and hold them when they make it out into this world! I continue to pray for all of you...Very exciting times ahead for the McMenamy clan!!!

Susan said...

You are looking great! Happy to hear that all is going well. You are all in my prayers! Love, Grammy Susan

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
We are so glad to hear all the great news! We are praying for your family.
Sara and the rest of the Fleenors

Jenn said...

You look absolutely adorable! Prayers being said that babies get to the size they need to be and that everything goes smoothly :)

The Kendall Family said...

Looking great! I am thrilled to read how well everything is going for you and the babies! Hang in there! And keep resting! You will need every ounce energy!!! xoxo, bec

Keelee said...

You look awesome! If you have your twins before me I am going to be sad!!! But I hope you hang on til 35-36 weeks for their weight.

Rumour Miller said...

I bet you are feeling so uncomfortable... but I hope you can hang on for a few more weeks.

You look awesome, btw.

Rumour Miller said...

I bet you are feeling so uncomfortable... but I hope you can hang on for a few more weeks.

You look awesome, btw.

liz said...

lots of prayers from us all here in Annapolis. you look terrific. Can't wait to hear the wonderful news.

With love, The Sauciers