Sunday, May 10, 2009

To the boy who makes me Mom

Nolan, how has another year passed and how could I be celebrating being your mommy again? I am so truly blessed and grateful to have you. So the tradition continues, sweetie...
  • Because I'm your momma, you ask for me every night to sing you the "pancake" song and scratch your back. When daddy says he can do it, you inform him, "No, only Mommy can." Being the daddy's boy you are, you'll never know how much that means to me! (The "pancake" song is really Jewel's song, "You were meant for me")
  • Because I'm your momma, I get to push you on the swing until my arms ache (I confess lately, Daddy's doing more of the pushing). Now you are on the big boy swing, but your love for swinging has yet to cease and you just giggle and ask to go as high as the birdies.
  • Because I'm your mommy, I get the privilege of seeing your excitement at rubbing lotion on my belly, to help avoid stretch marks. You ADORE this and its such a sweet time.
  • Because I'm your mommy, I get to watch you interact with other kids at the park or wherever and love how absolutely fearless you are at making friends. You are quite the social butterfly!
  • Because I'm your mommy, I get to snuggle with you while I'm resting (or as you call it, "growing the babies") and adore when you lay your head on my tummy and when you give me kisses!
  • Because I'm your mommy, I get to watch as you process the idea of being a big brother. Already I feel like there has been too much expected of you in ways of change. You've been a little trooper about coming with me to doctor's appointments or staying with friends, you've taken my modified bed rest like a little angel and even remind me I can't pick you up, when I have the urge to do so. And now we've moved you away from home and away from your bed and you're still being such a good boy (most of the time!)! I truly believe you are going to adapt wonderfully to the big brother role and every time you kiss my belly, my heart warms in anticipation. Remember this Nolan, please...though I will love your brothers just as much, neither of them will ever take your place and you will always have my lap to sit in, my arms to hold you and my ears to listen. I love you so much, bubbas!
  • Because I'm your mommy, when I say "good-night sweet boy" I get to hear you say, "good night sweet girl!" Makes me chuckle and melts my heart!
  • Because I'm your mommy, I strive even harder to be a good person, to be aware that you are watching my every move (you seriously don't miss a THING) and I pray that you're love for God only strengthens in the coming years. Thank you for being my son, my handsome little man. I love you to pieces!

3 comments:

Bengela said...

aww-how sweet-such an inspiration! We'll miss u and can't wait to meet the twins!

momto2boys said...

Love this! I feel like I am not gifted to put the joys of motherhood into words the way you do.. :) Couldn't have said it better! What a gift this is!

The Vrabecs said...

Well said my friend. Happy Mother's Day, we missed not being able to share the day with you guys!