Thursday, June 08, 2006

Almost Official

Nolan is almost offically crawling. When is it "official?" Not sure. He can do a full circle on his tummy (turn around), he can crawl backward and he scoots forward. They actually used to call my dad "scooter" as a baby because he scooted before crawling. I guess a lot of babies do, but its all new to us. So...in the past few days Nolan has been getting on all fours a lot more and much quicker and then sort of rocking/scooting forward. And then he'll actually crawl like one step, but I don't think he realizes he has done it because then he just stops and lays flat on the ground fussing. We have realized that if we are in the room he doens't want to try...he would much rather walk, and since he does that with our help, he basically throws a fit until we offer him our hands (at which point he pulls himself up and we chase the dogs or walk around the house). I keep telling him most babies crawl before they walk, but he says he doesn't care, and then he adds, "now shut up and walk with me." Or at least that's what his expression indicates. Anyhow, Brian and I realized if we leave the room...he tries really hard to crawl. So we have to leave the room and then sneak back in so we we can watch (over a couch, around the corner, etc). So, I guess you could say the little bugger is crawling...slowly, but he's defintely getting it!

1 comment:

Mom Mc said...

Ata boy Nolan! You are just so adorable! Grandma wishes she could just scoop you up and hug and cuddle with you! I think Nathan e-mailed those pics last night while I was getting ready to go to work. Hope you got them.