Friday, June 09, 2006

Momma & Nolan's Big Adventure

Yesterday Nolan and I embarked on an adventure...we went to Sasquatch Zoo, the local zoo in town. I knew it couldn't be very big, as Crestivew itself is a small town. But we had a good time. It wasn't paved, but there was a sandy path that led us to all the animals. And you can feed all the animals (well, except those that are in cages, behind the fence, for example the tigers). Yes, there were tigers and lions! We fed the goats and deer, and we looked at monkeys, birds and camels. I wanted to feed the camels, but I left the bag of food in the stroller and we had walked a little bit to get closer. Those were the last animals we looked at/talked to, because it just became too hot. It was 93 degrees or so, but luckily most of the zoo was shaded. Nolan and I were lathered in sun screen, though, just in case. I also brought water for me, juice for Nolan, but he's still not drinking it very much. I also packed a cold wash cloth with 3 ice cubes in a zip lock bag, so when I saw Little Bits was getting too hot, I took that out and put it on his face and wrists to cool him down (and yes, on my face, it was HOT out there). We only stayed about 1/2 hour because of the heat, but we had fun. When Nolan is just a little older and can feed the animals himself (without me worrying HE'LL eat the huge pellets), it will be a blast! Here are some pictures of our grand adventure! This is right before we left. Nolan has on the adorable sandals Tammi & the boys sent him. They didn't last the whole trip, though. On the drive there, I looked in the rear view mirror and saw him eating one. By the time we arrived at the zoo, they were both off...but he looks stylin' when he keeps them on! Zoo Enterance Sign: Nolan right before entering the zoo...he already looks hot! More pictues to follow, the blog site is being stupid.

1 comment:

Mom Mc said...

Look at that big boy sitting up all by himself! :] Grandpa says he will be walking and talking by the time we see him. The zoo trip looks like a lot of fun. Oh, I found a sight for active andretired military for R&R.It is a Walt Disney World Resort Armed Forces Recreation Center. You might have already heard of it. www.shadesofgreeen.org. Maybe we can look into it when Nolan gets a little bigger and we can all take a trip to Orlando!