Thursday, June 08, 2006

Nice Surprise

A couple days ago, Brian told me he would "probably be home a little early" from work. As most of us military spouses have come to realize (and perhaps civilian spouses, but I know for sure military) that is like the mega-jinx. You say you'll be home early, and you know they'll be home 2 hours late that evening! In fact, my new rule for Brian was...don't tell me you'll be done early! Anyway, this particular day (TUE), I looked at the clock. 3:10. Oh well, he was supposed to be done by 3, guess that didn't work. No big deal. The phone rings. Brian says, "look outside." Well, at that point, I expected to see his truck in the driveway. What I saw was his whole face at the window! And then I screamed bloody murder. Ahh, it's true love! But he actually got off even earlier and was home by 3:15! Yipee! I told him it was a good thing I had Toby leave early. Ha ha ha, it's our long running joke. Toby Keith visits when I am lonely. Ha ha. And look what Brian brought me:And then Brian even cleaned up after dinner, so I could relax, as I wasn't feeling 100%. I really am so lucky! Sorry, Toby, but Brian is just the one and only for me. You'll just have to accept it one of these days!

2 comments:

Bethalow said...

What a sweet hubby!!!

Mom Mc said...

Oh, so thats where Toby is when he's not visiting me :)