Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Faith Club

Last night I finished reading the book The Faith Club, by Rayna Idliby, Suzanne Oliver & Priscilla Warner. They are three of women of 3 different faiths, a Muslim, a Christian, and a Jew. The basis of the story is that they came together after 9/11 to write a children's book that showed the connection and tolerance of all 3 religions. What erupted were years of conversations and soul searching as they learned about one another's faiths, stereotypes and even grappled with their own inner faith. I cannot recommend this book HIGHGLY enough. I learned so much and am suddenly feeling like there will never be enough time in the world for me to read all the books about faith and religion that I want to, not to mention about their history. I didn't realize I harbored any stereotypes, but as I read the book, I realized I related to some of them...even in my own Christianity! Anyway, if you are looking for a good read, especially if you are a woman (although I think men could learn a great deal from it, as well), read this book! It's fantastic and left me feeling so much closer to God. I really needed that!

1 comment:

Adam Fisher said...

I might try this book out. Thanks! It looks like you guys has a good Chrsitmas. Hope all is well with your family. Adam and I are in New Mexico now.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!