Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Some days I feel a little frumpy, or I feel like I wish I could just go on a crazy shopping spree and buy all the new trendy clothes. Some days I am so tired when my head hits the pillow, my body aches (wait, that's most days). Some days I feel like I am running uphill, just guessing at how this whole motherhood thing works. But everyday I am in love with this child who has brought me more joy than I ever could have imagined. More satisfaction, new ways to look at the world and an overall apprecation for life. He makes me laugh. He makes me clap my hands (no, really, I have to when we sing, "If you're happy & you know it..."), stomp my feet (again with the song), listen to birds, notice how exciting every car is that passes ("Vroom" says Nolan). Thank you God for this sweet and precious child. We are so lucky, so blessed.

3 comments:

Kim and Matt said...

What a sweet message, Sam. It brought tears to my eyes. :) Nolan is absolutely precious and you deserve every bit of the happiness he brings you!

momto2boys said...

Love the pic... what a cutie pie... I think Evan has the same shirt in orange..:)

Dawn said...

Sam- this post has me looking forward to being a mom even more! I still have a four more months to get through... but I can't wait!