Friday, March 30, 2007

Strawberry Picking

In honor of Spring Break, our MOPS group planned a few outings this week. Today was strawberry picking with the MOPS from Niceville (Nadia's group), so it worked out perfect! There's a farm the next town over from us that has strawberry picking for $1.25/lb. The kids had a special...a pint of strawberries (picked by them) and a strawberry "yogurt" (they said it was yogurt but it was actually more like ice cream, yum!). Nolan loved it! He had a hard time getting the concept because the berries were actually kind of tough to pick. So his job was to put the strawberries in the basket. And of course run rampant, which he did FANTASTICALLY! He was everywhere. There were random mom's grabbing him and bringing him back to me...how and when did he get so fast? Next time we go I think we'll bring Daddy so he's easier to contain. But we had a really nice time. I am sure that my Cheyenne friends don't want to hear this, but the weather was fantastic. Mid 70's and sunny. After that we went to a lunch and did a little downtown shopping. Then Tristan came over briefly and helped tire Nolan out before his nap. Here are some pictures of our morning:

Tristan & Nadia before we started picking:

My view of Nolan most of the day...his back as I chased him.

Hmm...so I am supposed to pick a red berry? I don't know about this...

Hmm, looks good enough to eat...dare I?

Oh yes, it is yummy!

I'm stuffing my face with this strawberry before mom can really think this through and take it away!

Okay, Mom, this grass is taller, but I have a strawberry. HERE I COME!Uh-oh, I am going soooo fast:

Whew, close call, but I caught myself:

Abby & Nolan:Nolan in a BOOSTER seat at lunch...and he stayed put!

Momma & a SMILING Nolan, holy cow!

edited to add that Miss Cheyna took this fantastic photo! She's awesome!

5 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

You got some GREAT pics of Nolan today!! And who was the wonderful photographer that took that AWESOME picture of you and Nolan? :)

Kim and Matt said...

I am jealous! Strawberry picking is my favorite and the fact that it was 70 degrees definitely makes me want to be someplace warm....strawberry pickin' with you and Nolan!! :) Hopefully we will be visiting soon! If Matt does SOS this next time, we might be coming very soon! Like mid-end of June!! Yeah!! :)

Dawn said...

I've never been strawberry picking! Looks like fun!

Whitney Duvall said...

That Nolan is such a cutie-pie! Glad to see that ya'll are doing well!!!

momto2boys said...

Love this posts... and all the posts...sorry I am a comment slacker. I can't believe how big Nolan is getting... I wanna see him real soon!