Monday, March 26, 2007

Stop Laughing!

I cannot get it through my head that I have to control my laughter around Nolan. He'll do something that makes me laugh, then he'll do it again (and again and again...). Unfortunately, it's not usually a "good" thing he is doing. Like, he accidentally drops a half eaten yogurt covered raisin out of his mouth. It makes a funny "splat" noise and his face is so priceless, I laugh. What does he do? Proceeds to keep spitting out raisins. Argh. Let's see what else? Burping is a good example. But he can't make himself burp (yet) so he makes this funny throat-y sound which of course is IMPOSSIBLE not to laugh at. You see the vicious cycle? He fell down last week and didn't hurt himself, but the look on his face (shock) had me crying I was laughing so hard. So what does he do? He falls on purpose and laughs and laughs. Brian keeps saying, "Sam, you have to stop laughing. He LOVES making you laugh." It's so true (but he loves to make Daddy laugh, too). Well, here's a story to make all of YOU laugh. A "Nolan" story (just like Tammi has her "Tanner" stories, hee hee). Brian and I were counting to 3 at dinner the other night, then having Nolan repeat us. I am not sure why we were even doing this, it's not like we were trying to teach him to really count. Anyway, then I said, "Nolan how old are you?" So we held up one finger and told him "ONE." We did this a couple times and finally I said (again) "Nolan how old are you? One?" He held up his index finger and said "Two." He remembers that we always say 2 after one!! So now if you ask him how old he is, no matter what, he puts up his index finger (one finger) but says "TWOTHREE!" How adorable is that?

1 comment:

Kim and Matt said...

What a cute "Nolan" story. Thanks for making laugh on a cold, snowy Friday in WY!! Miss you guys!!