Sunday, December 09, 2007

Under the Weather

Last Tuesday Nolan started sneezing and coughing alot! It was strange because it happened all of a sudden and it came on strong. He didn't have a high fever, but his restlessness that night made me take him to the doctor Wednesday only to learn he had an ear infection in one ear. Poor little guy! That night, however, was the worst night...high fever, and coughing so bad he was gagging. I kept thinking he was in fact throwing up, so I brought him to bed with me. It was that or keep running in to check on him. The whole thing was sad, especially when he would start playing like crazy, like he was determined to feel better and then about a half hour later he would just CRASH. I am so relieved I bought the movie Polar Express right before this bout of sickness. Granted, I've now seen the "choo choo train movie" (as Nolan calls it) about 30 times, but it kept him calm and entertained while fighting this thing. Luckily he was all better for the lovely weather we had this weekend and we were able to enjoy playing outside, and even a Christmas party and just making up for lost "cabin fever" hours! So, Nolan got a little spoiled and was king of the couch while sick. This made me so sad...Nolan was watching TV and next thing I know he's asleep at 9:30 in the morning on the couch!!! Sweet baby boy!

3 comments:

The Coach's Wife said...

Poor kid! So glad to hear that he's feeling better!!!

Mom Mc said...

Awwwww Poor little thing! Glad to hear
that he if feeling better. We are praying that the weather here improves in the next 12 days so it doesn't affect your visit. And of course like every winter I seem to work when all the nasty weather is happening. No big limbs down yet and still have power thank heaven! Love Gramma and PawPaw

Sally Y said...

AWWW!!! Poor little buddy!