Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Qatar

Tomorrow morning at 6 AM Brian flies out. He's going first to Virginia via a commercial flight and then I believe is taking a military flight on to Qatar. Nolan and I are so proud of him. He's been working on the house and packing and we're all enjoying the beauty of DENIAL! Ha ha! I think Cheyna is right when she told me the few days leading up to his departure are the worst. Once he's gone, I can begin the countdown to his return! I will post his address as soon as I find out his squadron name. And just in case any of you are wondering geographically where he'll be, here's a handy map. The base is called Al Udeid and is apparently the Ritz Carlton of desert bases. If Brian has access to the blog over there I am sure he'll be letting you know some fun details about the desert and his 13 an hour a day exec job. He will basically be an assistant to a military big wig and even though he'll be working his tail off, it's pretty cool he gets to do it, as I hear its good for their resume (I know that's not the technical military name for it, but resume is the only word I can think of right now). This map makes Qatar look pretty big, but if you look at the inset, you'll see it's size in comparison.

9 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

We will miss you Brian! Your wife and son will be in good hands while you are gone!!!

Sally Y said...

Best of Luck, Brian!!! Be safe and god speed!

Bethalow said...

God Bless you Brian, Sam and Nolan!!!

Keelee said...

Hang in there Sam!!!! Micheal Jackson lives and keeps his kids in Bahrain- so hey- if MIcheal is there- and you know how he makes his kids wear those freaky masks- it must not be too bad....maybe not the Ritz though!!!

Rumour Miller said...

All the best to you!

momto2boys said...

Hang in there Brian... we will keep you in our thoughts and prayers...

-The Halls
P.S we look forward to updates...or maybe even your very own blog... :)

Unknown said...

I'll be thinking and praying for Brian's while in Qatat and for a safe return home!

Unknown said...

You know we are praying for you all. We'll miss you, Brian!

Anonymous said...

You are all on our minds. I hope it goes by really fast for you all, but especially Sam and Nolan.

Cardwells