Tuesday, September 25, 2007

So Proud

I just had to stop my running around for a second to share this awesome story while it's beauty is still fresh on my mind. Every night at bedtime Nolan and I read, turn out the lamp and then we pray. Since Mousey (his stuffed best bud) gets to sit on our laps during this ritual, we fold Mousey's paws, then Nolan folds his and we pray. First for Daddy and his safety and then we just thank God for whatever is on our minds, mostly people (sometimes we thank God for MOusey, too). Momma is the leader of the prayers, but Nolan always repeats. Today (5 minutes ago), I read him a story before nap. Then he took Mousey's hands and Nolan said, "For Daddy." I immediately teared up at the moment, but kept my composure and said, "Yeah, let's pray for Daddy." Then Nolan went on, "And Abby. And Cheyna. And Andrew. And Haley. And Tootsie. AMEN! (CLAP! CLAP!) " No prompting on my part. Don't worry if you are not on his afternoon prayer list fellow bloggers, we get you at night. I think as he learns this whole thing and his memory expands, his prayer list will, as well. My heart just swells at his love and what a proud moment. But not so much for me as the one we're praying to.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so wonderful.

Kim and Matt said...

How cool!! That made me tear up as well. :) Can't wait to see you guys!!!

The Coach's Wife said...

you must feel so blessed! what a precious moment.

Dawn said...

how sweet. what a wonderful, caring little boy you are raising! Delaney and I have also been praying for Brian to return home safely! (she just doesn't know what she is doing yet!)

momto2boys said...

:) Aww... love this story... :)
so cute!! Give that Nolan a huge snuggle for me... hoping to see you soon!!

The Vrabecs said...

Aww, he is so sweet!!