Saturday, September 29, 2007

Date Morning

Instead of a date night, I had a date "morning" with my wonderful and beautiful son. We hit the road early and headed to Mobile (about an hour and 45 min) to see Sesame Street Live. A huge thank you to Neda for letting me know the show was happening, we were able to get some really good seats! Somehow we timed in perfectly and we got to our seats as the show was starting. It was so awesome. Nolan was in UTTER AMAZEMENT and AWE! I told him we were going to "Elmo's house" when we got to the parking lot, because I couldn't think of a better way to describe it. After awhile he was really getting into it and dancing and singing and answering the characters. He would wave at them and say, "Hi Elmo!" and he was very concerned when Big Bird and Cookie Monster were not on stage. And I got a full 90 minutes of my sweet boy sitting (still) in my lap! The show was about Grover and his super powers, so now Nolan has been talking about Grover all day. After the show, we stopped at Panera Bread Co. I was looking for a McDonalds with a play land, but saw Panera and figured, Nolan got Sesame Street, I get Panera, right? Isn't that fair? He actually loved the PB & J they made for him. It was perfect and then Nolan napped on the way home. I have to say, a definite advantage to Brian being gone now is that it's darker at 7:30 than it was at 8 during the summer. So on a day like today when he got a nap, but I didn't get a break, it's awesome to put him down early! This is a self portrait of the 2 of us when the show first started. I think Nolan's expression perfectly portrays the wonder he is feeling. The stage. We got lucky, there were no "heads" blocking our view, it was perfect (it seemed so much closer when we were there than the picture looks): A picture of us during intermission: Nolan is a fan of the cotton candy!

3 comments:

The Coach's Wife said...

i'm so happy you were able to go (and glad that i didn't just assume you already knew about it)! what a surreal experience for nolan - to see some of his favorite TV characters in "real life".

momto2boys said...

how fun!! Love the pics!!! He looks sooooo grown up!!

Dawn said...

Glad you both had a good time! I love Cotton Candy too!