Monday, October 01, 2007

Funny Nolan Story

Oh, my sweet boy. Today I picked him up from Mom's Day Out and told him as we were heading for the car I had a suprise for him. I had bought him a small stuffed elephant at the same place Mousey was born (old navy, of course). I meant to have it sitting in his car seat, but forgot, so after I strapped him in, I said, "Are you ready for your surprise?" He said, "Ready." (Partly because he mostly repeats the last word I say). So I went to the trunk, grabbed the adorable elephant and gave it to him and said, "Surpriiise. Isn't he cute?" and Nolan looked so sad and said, "prise? prise?" And I said, "This IS your surprise! An elephant!" And he got all teary-eyed and said louder (the pieces started coming together at this point): "Fries? FRIES? FRIIIIEEES?" Oh my goodness. Sorry kiddo, no french fries. SURPRISE, not fries. It took some explaining, but he eventually got it and snuggled that cute green elephant up good.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I love it! That reminds me of how Alex thought I went to school at "the zoo" instead of "Mizzou".

Sally Y said...

HA! HA! That's classic! I can so picture that!