Monday, October 22, 2007

Pumpkins and Mullets

Saturday morning Nolan and I headed to the Pumpkin Patch, the same one that we went to last year. It was bitter sweet, going to the same one, seeing Nolan a whole year later in the same setting, but we sure missed Daddy. They had a castle bouncer (what in the world are those things called?) and Nolan was VERY excited about that. He was not having the whole "let's sit still and take great pictures since Momma dressed me all fall-like and appropriately for the pumpkin patch." We picked out some pumpkins, but I have to say without our official Pumpkin Picker Outer (Brian), we probably didn't do as good, but they look great on our front porch. Nolan even got his face painted, a pumpkin (of course) on his cheek. Even today he was talking about the "pumpkin on his cheek." After the pumpkin patch we went across the street to the annual Mullet Festival. This is not a festival of long hair in back, short hair in front (much to Brian's dismay), but mullet is a fish. We got there fairly early and beat the crowd. Nolan had his first pony ride. I thought he would be petrified, but after watching them for a minute he said, "Ride horsey?" He did great! Then he rode a couple rides, played a game where he "fished" the duckies out of the pond, and then we had some lunch. Roasted corn on the cob for Nolan, since I knew anything else would be a waste of money with so much excitement. But corn on the cob...he'll always eat that! It was a fantastic and busy morning and one I'll always remember. This is about as close to a smile I got, but in his defense he's saying CHEESE! Right before his face painting: This is about when he spotted the clown and was not really happy about it: Hmm, looks like he is being a bear in this one, "GRRRR!"I just think this picture is hilarious of Nolan!Nolan pointing at his Pumpkin cheek: Showing off his prize doggie (who he has since de-stuffed), with his corn that he shared with the dog: Riding his pony:

7 comments:

The Coach's Wife said...

I LOVE the picture of Nolan with all of the little "Nolan-size" pumpkins! Absolutely perfect! And I love your new straightened locks (tho' I am super-envious of your amazing curls)! You're simply beautiful, Sam.... Can't wait to catch up with you soon.

Mom Mc said...

Wow first pony ride! He is such a doll I want to just eat him up!!! Maddie and I were just looking at the fall pics from 2006 and his lobster outfit yesterday and the pumpkin patch pics. What's he going to be for this Halloween? Miss you both! Love,
Grandma

momto2boys said...

Love the pics... :)

Susan said...

What wonderful pictures! Reminds me of my boys at that age - Grammy S

The Vrabecs said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful day! The pics turned out great!

Kim and Matt said...

I bet he slept good that day! Looks like a blast. First pony rides are always a good time. :)

Bengela said...

LOVE your new design!

BTW, I call them 'bouncy castles' :)