Friday, November 09, 2007

Freeze Warning

People are always amazed when I tell them that yes, it actually does get cold here. Granted, it can be 53 degrees and it feels like 30, but we really do have cold weather throughout the winter. I don't remember it getting this cold this early last year, but we had a cold front move through and stop for a couple days and yep, there was a freeze warning! I had to bring my plants into the garage. It wasn't terrible during the day, but at night....BRRR! Anyway, the first day it was moving in Nolan and I tried to take a walk before his nap, in the morning, and it was really breezy, so we skipped. It reminded me of Cheyenne, where I can deal with the cold, but not the cold AND wind. In early evening the wind had died down, so we bundled up and went for a walk. The only problem is that Nolan's winter hat I bought him last year is too small. So I had to put him in my hat, but it worked. But I couldn't help giggling at him. And especially at this expression:

3 comments:

momto2boys said...

CUTE! When I saw the pic I was gonna comment how cute that hat was too. Hey can you believe it was 72 here yesterday and no wind??? Maybe we are switching climates... :P

MISS YOU

The Coach's Wife said...

for what it's worth, in further support of your claims, it was colder here wed night/thurs morning than in buffalo, ny!!!! i agree with you wholeheartedly about the cold vs. cold & wind. sounds like a nice fire is just what we need to warm us up!

Kim and Matt said...

Sorry to hear about the cold....but that picture of Nolan is hilarious! He looks so tough! :)