Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Picnic Lunch

I packed a lunch for Nolan and I Tuesday and after gymnastics we headed to the park in Fort Walton Beach. It's right on the water, so the view is beautiful, and there is lots of shade, although we actually didn't need it much, it was rather cloudy. Nolan had a great time. After each trip down the slide I could get him to take a bite of his sandwich. After we ate, we wandered down to look at the boats. We got up close and personal to a couple and were talking to the owners. There were also some folks fishing, not that I would want to eat the fish right now due to the red tide (http://www.nwfdailynews.com/article/10004). Anyway, Nolan kept talking about fishing. "Nolan go fish?" "Nolan fish?" I told him when we head back to Missouri that we'll have to take him fishing at the Lake of the Ozarks and Cloud 9. Of course, he mostly wanted to fish right at that moment, but I do see fishing poles in his future. After he would get to each new plank of this "bridge", he would stick his cute little mug through the bars and pucker up and say, "Momma kiss?" I, of course, am a complete sucker and obliged each time. Over and over...I take free kisses anytime (even when they are peanut butter flavored)!

2 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

Oh man, I am bummed we missed this! What a good idea, I am glad you guys had a good time!

Kim and Matt said...

Looks like fun! I love peanut butter flavored kisses the most!! :) P.S. The red tide is still going on down there??? That's crazy!!