Sunday, November 04, 2007

Toddler Bed

Last week, after some close calls with Nolan trying to climb out of the crib, and showing lots of interest in "regular" beds, we made the transition from crib to bed. Even typing this makes my heart lurch, because he's just growing up too quickly. He has done really well and loves his new big boy bed...which is actually his crib, transformed into a toddler bed. He helped me pick out the bedding, which has all of his favorites...firetrucks, trains, planes and tractors. The first couple of mornings he was up bright and early, but since then I have started putting a small basket of toys in his room after he's asleep and he plays really well if he's up too early. He really loves his bed and I have to work to keep him out of it during awake hours!
Nolan "sleeping" (not really, as you can tell from the silly grin on his face):

I suppose now that you can see under the bed, I will have to clear that out!

Close up of the bedding:

3 comments:

Kim and Matt said...

I love it, Sam! I'm so glad he's doing well with the transition. It will get easier for you soon. :) Hey, I will probably give you a call and ask you this too, but where did you find his bedding to fit his crib mattress???? I would LOVE to have bedding for Avery but not sure where to find it to fit her crib mattress. :)

Rumour Miller said...

They grow so fast, don't they?

Mom Mc said...

Love the bedding . Nolan made a good choice. He looks so darling faking sleep :o) Hope Nathan reached you about Fri. get-together. XOXO