Sunday, October 12, 2008

Beachy Keen, Jelly Bean

So lets please ignore the fact that I'm way behind on blogging. Let's pretend that this post is not really from a whole week ago, because with the weather as cool as it is today, it feels much longer than that. Last Saturday Brian and I went shopping for some fall clothes for Nolan and figured we'd stop by the beach. We were floored at how hot it still was and decided that we better take advantage the following day and squeeze in one more actual beach day. I'm so glad we did! We went to church with the Cheyna & Andrew and then we hit up the beach. The kids had a great time and we all enjoyed soaking up some warm rays and playing in the sand. Nolan is still not so sure about the waves, but in his defense they were really big this time. Near the end, he relaxed a bit and let Brian take him out pretty far into the water on his shoulders. If it was, in fact, the last hot day of "summer" I am glad we sent summer off properly. And though I'll miss days like this, I am welcoming the cooler temperatures!
This is Saturday, when the waters were super calm. Nolan was practically running into the water this day and got soaked. That is how it goes...no swim trunks, no towel, kid wants to swim in the ocean.
As you can see, the waves Sunday...much bigger. Here's some sand castle construction under way: Abby & Nolan playing in the sand. I stole this from Chey's blog!The dads teaching the kids how to "surf"!More sand playing:

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Awww...that looks like so much fun! I'm jealous. We had snow on Friday! Ick!