Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Surprise Carnival

Saturday we headed to Pensacola because we knew the Train Museum there was having their fall open house. Nolan was sick during our last visit in June, so that put a bit of a damper on the day and we were looking forward to trying again. Brian decided to take a different route this time and so when we pulled onto the street and saw a bouncy castle, we figured we were in the right place. As we walked toward the fun we realized it was not the Train Museum after all, but a grade school fall festival. There was no way at that point we could have convinced Nolan to go elsewhere, so we figured we would stay and have some fun before heading to the Train Museum. It was a really cute carnival and the volunteers/parents were so sweet and the games were very creative.
The bouncy slide:
Nolan got to throw bean bags at the pirate ship and if it spun around and went through the hole, he got to walk the plank and pick a prize. The Pirate tried to hold Nolan's hand when he walked across and he wouldn't have it and told her, "I can do it all by myself." Welcome to my world!I love my guys so much!Little croquet into the alligators mouth...hole in one and there was smoke that came out, pretty cool. Bowling! I got a bit nostalgic when I saw a cake walk. For my own school picnic back in the day my mom used to make the best animal shaped cakes, usually a different one every year. Then I would spend all my tickets playing the cake walk just so I could win the cake back. Unfortunately, Nolan and I didn't win and he wanted to know why he couldn't get have a cupcake.

2 comments:

momto2boys said...

What is the cake walk??

Keelee said...

Cake walks are the best! I always win!! He looks so little on that huge slide!

Sam you look great! Love your hair straight like that and the bangs!