Monday, October 20, 2008

What was I thinking?

Over the summer my weekly get away was garage "sailing." I would rise before both boys, grab a to-go cup of coffee, which is something I miss from my working-out-of the-home days, and head to garage sales looking for some treasures. High on my list this summer was a toy box. I never found it, and many mornings I came home empty handed or with just a few trucks or books. Other times I came home with junk and Brian looked at me like I was insane. Once in a while I found something really cool for Nolan. But I always came back refreshed and happy. Don't get me wrong, this was not my only get away. Brian also lets me get out of the house for a weekly grocery shopping trip. Totally kidding. Anyway, this past Saturday, I hit the jackpot and I wasn't even in the market for one, and I got it for a steal! Ta-da! Nolan loves his four wheeler from Gramma and Paw Paw, but we didn't realize how well it had taught him to steer. There are three gears on this thing. Slow, fast and reverse. Who would have guessed that Nolan would immediately find the fast gear and take off? Or that he would come as close as possible to any stationary object (tree, swing set, etc) going fast before turning? He keeps scaring my pants off, so I'm glad I told him he had to wear his helmet when he rides it. He is honest to goodness a little dare devil, and both Brian and I are completely floored at how quickly and well he picked up on how to drive this thing. Where's my baby boy??

This clip is his first ride on it, while he's still learning the ropes. Pretty hilarious stuff.

1 comment:

momto2boys said...

Awesome Nolan... looks like you and Evan are cut of the same cloth.... dare devil, race cars, motorcycles, yep peas in a pod.... hang in there mom... I am trying to as well :)