Thursday, October 16, 2008

New Slow Cooker

To make a long story short, our crock pot that was given to us as a wedding present broke. (It as given to us by my co-workers at Rembrandt. The main reason I remember that is because they all kept trying to convince me it was so easy to cook with one. Those poor souls didn't realize how little I knew about cooking. Thankfully for Brian I've learned my way around the kitchen better). So our hunt began for the "perfect" crock pot and now that I actually use the slow cooker on a very regular basis, this was more of a challenge. I wanted it to be perfect! I recently fell in love with a website, "A Year of Crock Potting." Her link is to the right if you want to check it out, but she has some FANTASTIC recipes. Anyway, after much contemplating, we chose a crock pot. Then when I went to buy it, it was on sale. Then I got home that afternoon, opened a magazine and found a $5 rebate for that brand crock pot. I think it was destiny. I'm still adjusting to the high heat (it heats from all sides, not just the bottom) but we'll get there. It's a programmable one, so once the cooking time is finished, it automatically switches to warm. And I would be a big liar if I didn't admit that even though it wasn't a factor, I'm in love with the color!!! Welcome to the family, Crocky!

1 comment:

Keelee said...

Does it work good? I need something simple and easy!