Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Little Man is Growing Up!

Yesterday Nolan made it official! He walked! I handed him his stuffed bear and while standing behind him, he walked 4 or 5 steps towards Haley. Yes, his ultimate goal is to chase Haley. We knew those dogs would come in handy one of these days. So he walked to Haley a bunch of times. He would fall, I would pick him up and he would do it again. He was shrieking with delight. He won't walk towards me (see where I rank with the dogs), so I can't get a pic and even when I tried to get a pic from behind, he was on to me. I think that even though he knows he's walking, he likes knowing I am right there just in case he falls or loses his balance. I promise, buddy, I'll always be there for that.
He showed Dad his new trick, but it took a little bit, as I think he was way tired. I have to say, it is the cutest thing I've ever seen watching him "toddle" away. I see why they call them toddlers, it is such a perfect word. Although he is NOT a toddler yet. Nope, he's still my baby for two more months! :) And always...hee hee. I adore watching his face and hearing him laugh while he's doing it. It's like the best thing in the whole world. I feel so blessed. Of course, I talked to Andi last night and she said by next week he'll be running rampant around the house...will I feel so blessed then? HA HA, kidding, of course I will! And speaking of Andi...it was SO great to finally talk. Miss you guys!!!Anyway, as soon as humanly possible I will take a pic and a short video of Nolan walking. I do have a clip of him standing and taking a step or two with his corn popper, I'll post that this afternoon.

2 comments:

Kim and Matt said...

Yeah!!! Way to go Nolan :) How did you do that with his picture Sam?? How neat! He's just so adorable!!

Sam said...

Thanks Kim! It's a photo system that came with the computer, we get to try it for like 60 days. I think its Corel? Anyway, I was just playing around with one of his pics :)