Tuesday, May 01, 2007

1 Year ago...

Brian and I drove out of Cheyenne in our final farewell. I can't believe one year has gone so quickly. I still remember the sadness, like we were doing something so normal, driving first in town, then out of town, down the highway. I remember feeling it should feel different from any other time we were driving around or leaving for a trip, but it didn't. It's most hard for me to believe that I haven't seen some of the dearest friends in a whole year. We're so blessed to live in a time that phones calls and emails and even blogs keep us connected the way they do. Sometimes I still picture the tip of the Rockies welcoming me in the morning as I sipped my coffee. That house...we truly loved it so much. It was old and I could go on and on about problems we had with it, but it had such CHARACTER! My little boy was born there (okay, not IN the house, but you know what I mean). I loved the big windows that allowed sunlight to just pour in. I loved the fireplace and when we had people over how we would all gather around its warmth. I love that Cheyenne was a place I knew little about before I moved there, but that the town and the people I knew there are etched on my heart forever. We saw some good times in Cheyenne. Some truly wonderful times. Florida is now our home and I admit it took some time for me to feel like it was. It too is growing on me and I love how each place we live has a place in my heart. It helps that again, we've been blessed with wonderful, fantastic, out of this world friends. That's the fantastic thing about the Air Force. We get to experience so many things and meet the most amazing people who really become our family. I am so blessed. Anyway, ode to Cheyenne. We miss you (we don't miss the wind, though, we haven't been gone that long).

5 comments:

Keelee said...

Yeah- Felicia and I share a classroom. She is FABULOUS! We worked together before, but it is nice to work with her daily. We hang out now too. She is just so darn cute...all the students are taller than her. I have been trying to set her up on a date... I have been unsuccessful! But I am still trying!

Cheyenne will always have memories- personally I can't wait to move in August!!!

Becky said...

Well Happy Anniversary to being in Florida! :) Funny enough, today is our 1 year anniversary of being in this house... I miss things about our old house too, and still have a picture of it framed in my family room! Is that wierd? :)

Kim and Matt said...

Cheyenne misses you too. And of course we miss you guys too....very much!!! :)

Anonymous said...

We definately miss you Sam! Remember when you looked for the beaches of Cheyenne?
Sara

momto2boys said...

to quote a certain godson of yours..."HOW SAD SOMEBODY!!"

:)