Sunday, May 13, 2007

Because I'm Your Mom

(I have to admit I stole this title & idea from another blogger, whom I adore & respect...it was such a good idea, it inspired me).
Because I'm your mom, I get to hear you say "dip dip" countless times in a day.
Because I'm your mom, I get to kiss your bonk's and make them all better.
Because I'm your mom, I get to listen to you over the monitor talk to Mousey (your favorite stuffed animal who sleeps with you) and read him stories.
Because I'm your mom, I am always on my feet at playdates, chasing you.
Because I'm your mom, I get to buy you ice cream from the ice cream truck.
Because I'm your mom, I pray more earnestly and sincerly and hope you will follow in my footsteps.
Because I'm your mom, I take better care of myself so that I can share as many days, months, years possible with you.
Because I'm your mom, I get to kiss you everyday.
Because I'm your mom, I get to laugh with you.
Because I'm your mom, I get to be the tickle monster.
Because I'm your mom, I get to watch how you light up people's faces when you arrive, or when they see you in a store, or at a restaurant.
Because I'm your mom, I get to cuddle on the couch and watch cartoons with you.
Because I'm your mom, I know Veggie Tales & Laurie Berkner songs by heart (and even sing them when you are not around).
Because I'm your mom, I get to rescue you when you climb onto furniture and can't find your way back down.
Because I'm your mom, I get to have stains on the nicest of clothes (and blame you, where as before you were born, I still had stains, but it was my own clumsy fault).
Because I'm your mom, I love looking for the moon.
Because I'm your mom, I love building forts.
Because I'm your mom, I get to sing to you daily and listen to you sing to me. I think I like the listening part better.
Because I'm your mom, I have a glimpse at God's unconditional love for me.
Because I'm your mom, I am so very blessed. I love you Nolan.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so sweet and such a good mom! We had fun today! You look so pretty in the pics of you and Nolan.

The Vrabecs said...

Sniff, sniff....I may have to steal this and make it my own, its just too wonderful. You look beautiful in that picture by the way, and your little man is sooo handsome! Happy Mothers Day!!

momto2boys said...

Very cute!! I love the pics of you two!!!!! You look awesome ( as usual!)