Tuesday, May 29, 2007

And the Ding Dong Award Goes Tooooo....

Nolan has had a cough for about a week, but only at night. So today I called the doctor first thing and got him an appointment. We were driving and I thought to myself, wow, 1o minutes early. Pat myself on the back. Whoo hoo, go me. Then I turned and smiled at Nolan. And asked why he had taken his shoe off. But then I noticed both shoes were gone. Then the light bulb came on. I forgot my son's shoes. Un-pat myself on the back. Eat a slice of humble pie. I looked at the clock. My glorious 9 minutes would never allow me enough time to go all the way back home, grab his shoes & still make it on time. I was doing a u-turn anyway, because I couldn't possibly take him into the DOCTOR's with no shoes. FIDDLESTICKS! Suddenly, a beautiful sight appeared before my eyes. Payless Shoes. I quickly turned in. I grabbed my wallet, my shoeless boy and ran into the store. I ran to the toddler section and low and behold, they had the shoes I went looking for weeks ago, but didn't have then. Boy crocs! Whoo hoo! I tried a pair on, they fit great (just in case you're confused, I tried them on Nolan's feet, not mine). I ran back up to the counter (luckily I was the only customer). The sweet woman was chuckling, as she knew exactly what was going on somehow (perhaps I am not the only frazzled mom who this has happened to?) "Would you like me to cut off the tag now?" She asked. "Um, yes, please." And I slipped them on his cute little feet. We made it to the doctor RIGHT ON TIME, thank you very much! On a side note now we are equipped with allergy medicine and a trial "breathing" machine (it gives the medicine in a vapor form, which leads to less side effects). The doctor thinks he has allergies (he's too young to be diagnosed with asthma, but he thinks it may be something we have to deal with in a couple years & we'll just have to see...wow!). Now Nolan and Mama can sport their crocs together. When will Daddy crack under the pressure and buy a pair???

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so efficient, going to Payless and still making it in time!

The Vrabecs said...

Yay...crocs. Love 'em. Hope Nolan is feeling better!!