Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Daddy's Boy

Nolan went through a phase for about a month, I would say, where he wanted me and only me. At bath time, at bed time, when he got a "bonk." I love feeling so needed, but it was exhausting for me and it made me sad that he only seemed to be comforted by me. That is a thing of the past. All day, from the moment he wakes up, I hear "Da-da?" (although at first he'll say Mama, because he still calls us both Mama, until I say, "Yes?" and then he's thinks and says, "Da-Da?") When we go outside he asks for Daddy, when we go into our bedroom, Daddy. And the moment that Brian does get home is just priceless. Nolan is soooooo happy to see him. He still loves his Mama, but he really adores his daddy. They actually have a ritual. Brian gets home from work and takes Nolan with him while he changes so I can have a few minutes of peace while I finish making dinner. It's a habit we fell into and all really love, even though alot of books say you should let your kids see you have quality mom & dad time FIRST. I see their point, but this just works better for us. Anyway, while they are back in our closet Nolan likes to try on every single one of Brian's hats. And make Brian wear them. "Hat" he says over and over. Saturday afternoon Brian was working in the yard and Nolan followed me into the closet and asked for a hat. So I gave it to him...and this is him wearing it. I DIDN'T put it on this way, he did this all on his own!
Here he is playing with Tootsie (they are seriously good pals)
Watching Daddy out the window:And my personal favorite:

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So cute! And by the way, Nolan and Abby can come play in the sprinkler soon!

Becky said...

What a cutie!!! He is so sweet! Does he look like you or what?!?!

momto2boys said...

Love the pics.... yeah for Daddy time.. that is good stuff! :)

Mom Mc said...

Grandma just wants to hold and hug that lille guy and kiss his little chubby cheeks! :) Samantha those pics are really awesome. That last one is precious!!!!! Miss you all sooooooooo much :)