Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Many Thanks!

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you wonderful folks for the many birthday wishes. I feel spoiled with all the cards, emails, phone calls & gifts that made it my way this year. You all made me feel very special and I am so truly blessed. My last year in my 20's!!!! WOW! Brian brought Nolan in and said "what do you want to say to mama?" And NOlan said, "Poppy Day!" I think it's my favorite way I've ever been told Happy Birthday and my heart melted. Then they gave me my gift...a gift certficate for the spa, whatever I want...a massage, a manicure, facial. I cannot WAIT to use it, I am ecstatic!
Brian and I started the day off with church, and since it was Memorial Day weekend, the service was very patriotic. I think it was the best service we've been to yet, I had to borrow a tissue from a neighbor in our pew and I had goose bumps through most of the service. The music and tributes to those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our country was done so tastefully and so well!!! Then we headed home and ate some light lunch and tried to have Nolan take a short nap before we headed over to our friends, Neda & Kypp's house for a pool party. There were 3 other kids there (all boys), and Nolan had such a blast swimming and scaring us with his running around the pool. We kept his life jacket on since the child refuses to sit still for more than 30 seconds. The food was yummy and they even made me a birthday cake and sang to me! It was a VERY beautiful and delicious cake made by our friend Roxanne. It had lemon filling, like our wedding cake, because she knew that was my favorite.
Brian and I returned home, fed Nolan some dinner since he was having too much fun to eat at the party, and put him down. Then we sat in the Florida room and sipped wine and chatted. WONDERFUL DAY!!!!
Our hostess Neda (L) and Roxanne (R):
Brian and a chilled Nolan:View of the lake from their pool:Me: The beautiful birthday cake (with a candle that played the Happy Birthday melody):The 3 adult guys (Brian, Wes, Kypp), who acted more like 10 year olds goofing off in the pool:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Why didn't you tell me about your birthday!? I didn't know!!! I'm sorry.

The Vrabecs said...

Looks like fun....I am sorry I am bummed I wasn't there to celebrate with you!! Happy Birthday!

Bethalow said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! You look completely smashing!!!