Friday, July 07, 2006

Are you FREAKING KIDDING ME???

Have you all heard about this? As an American, I am truly embarrassed and angry!! Dustin Diamond, who played Screech on Saved by the Bell, is in a bit of a pickle. The story goes, he had bad credit. So he found a loan elsewhere (apparently a bank would not give him the loan). Now he finds out since the land is good, the lender wants the land and house back and unless Dustin can fork over $250,000 in 40 days, he loses the house. From what I gather, his house is $500,000. So now, he is selling T-shirts for $15 a pop that say "I helped save Screeech's house" so that they don't take his house, aka, MANSION away. Are you kidding me buddy? He is playing the victim here, saying he didn't get paid "much" since his sitcom was on Saturday mornings and now it's "tough" because being a stand-up comic doens't pay much. And??? Let me tell you what kind of t-shirt I would like to see. One with a child standing in front of her non-existant yard, that used to have her house, but was wiped away when Katrina hit. And on the shirt it will read "Please help my family eat for a week" If you agree with me, please post a comment on a charity you would rather spend $15 on and then let's all actually do it. Let's do something to make this world, this country, a better place.

7 comments:

Kim and Matt said...

I can't believe that!! I'll have to think a little bit more of a charity that I would like to donate $15 to, but I completely agree with you Sam!!!

momto2boys said...

Sorry Sam and Kim...but I am going to buy one... I think it is a brilliant idea that is the theory this country is based on (old fashioned ingenuity) but that is just me... Plus I felt bad that his newborn baby died and he and his girlfriend were out 130,000 because the SAG doesn't have health insurance. Either way...yes there are way better causes and I support those too...but c'mon it is Screech.. :)

Sam said...

I didn't know about his baby, how sad:( I think he should put the whole story on his website, not just "I have bad credit." I guess it's a private matter he's not comfortable sharing, b/c he didn't mention on the talk show I heard about it from. None the less, I won't be buying a shirt, but I guess that is the beauty of this country...we all have a choice! :) I don't mean to sound cold hearted, because his loss is truly a tragedy. It's definitely more to think about now...

Kim and Matt said...

Hmmm....well now I feel really bad. I didn't know that about his baby either since I just read about it on the blog. That is very sad and I completely understand why he is in debt. However, I'm not quite sure I agree with him using his celebrity to exploit this problem. Like Tammi said though, it is a pretty smart idea. I still will not be buying a T-shirt. :(

momto2boys said...

are we fighting??? Love you guys :) Miss you Sam.. :)

Sam said...

I hope not, I don't like conflict much, especially over the net. However, if we are fighting, that means we have to make up and you can SO only do that in person. So yes, we're fighting, now get your butt to FL!!! :)

Kim and Matt said...

HAHAHAHA You guys are funny :) Hold me back!! Hee Hee