Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Mystery

Yesterday when I returned from running errands, I found Tootsie on the outside of the fence. We keep them in the kitchen, with their water and doggie bed. This is the THIRD time this has happened. Yesterday, I finally just said, "Go back to the kitchen" while the gate was still up. She immediately started trying to go under the fence. But it looks to me like she's too big and she wouldn't go all the way. She kept starting, then looking at me guiltily, then stopping. Haley was still in the kitchen, so I called her, to see if she could/would escape. She, too, immediately started trying to go under, but she was almost too big...and she is half of Tootsie's size. Here are some pictures, and following those are a few theories. Notice how far Haley (1st pic) can go. She made it to about the m iddle of her back, before I think it would have hurt for her to continue. Then there's Tootsie (2nd pic), who made it to about her neck. Theory 1: Tootsie jumped over. Though, I highly doubt it, as she is just not a "jumper." Haley I could see jumping, but Tootsie? And if so, why wouldn't she just jump over when I called her? Theory 2: She goes under the fence and it is a time consuming project that includes whining and crying because of the tight squeeze. Theory 3: Even though the mystery drives me bonkers, perhaps I have left her outside of the fence by accident. This is not really a valid theory. I just had to add this so you all didn't think I hadn't thought of it...like a 1,ooo times. But I didn't. I am 98% sure. Maybe once...but 3 times? Theory 4: Both Haley & Tootsie somehow escape and have agreed to keep "how" they do so a secret. Haley is quicker, so she returns to the kitchen upon hearing the car in the driveway and looks innocent, leaving Tootsie to take the full rap for being naughty. On the bright side, the trash cans all are in tact, and it appears the couches are left alone. I think she just goes to our bedroom and sleeps on our bed, which is okay, considering our bed is the one piece of furniture they are still allowed full access to. Perhaps she is pleading a case here.

1 comment:

Mom Mc said...

What about if she flips over onto her back and then her belly would be more flexible??????