Monday, July 31, 2006

Highlight of the weekend

Friday was one of Brian's Friday's off, so we headed south for the day. First Brian dropped us off in Niceville at the library, and Nolan and I attended Baby Bookworm, a lapsit story time, where we clap and have stories read to all the babies. Nolan was the only boy and he had no quams about ditching his momma to flirt with all the little lady babies (sorry Avery, but Nolan totally saw the pictures of you and Evan)! Meanwhile, poor Brian had to drive back to our house, because I am a ding dong and forgot my wallet, which of course had the Sears SmileSavers card in it. And since we were taking Nolan to get his pictures taken, we needed that. Ugh! So after fun library time, we headed to Mary Esther, where the mall is, and had Nolan's pictures taken at Sears. For the second time in a row (third, if you count when I picked up the pictures), we had an AWFUL experience. We're pretty sure we're not going back. I think I'll just drive to Destin or find a different studio altogether. The ladies there are SO unprofessional. But at least the last time I went it was worth it because the photographer was GREAT with Nolan and I think we got some of the best photos yet. This time the woman was awful, and she kept saying about Nolan, "He just doens't seem to like me." Yeah, well maybe stop yelling at his parents! We would try and make him smile and she would tell us to be queit! I am not kidding!! Then later she was LYING to our faces about prices. Hello, we KNOW the prices. Brian asked to see a price list and she said it was in her head. We asked again and she pulled out a price list. What do you know? Needless to say, we got the CORRECT price, but how many people do you think she scams? Anyway, I could go on and on, but I won't. We got a couple good shots, but most of the pictures I could have taken better myself. Okay, enough negativity! After a nice lunch we went to Old Navy and bought Nolan some 6-12 month clothes...that place is just so fun in the baby department! When we got home, I heard the ice cream truck, so Nolan and I went and bought a popsicle! Then Brian and I shared the popsicle with Nolan, who literally laughed out loud upon his first taste! It was 103 degrees and his gums were still hurting, so I think it was just what the doctor ordered. Unfortunately that is about as exciting as the weekend got. We planned on swimming and going to dinner with Jamie, but Brian threw out his back Sat morning and was in bed the rest of the weekend. He is at the doctor as we speak (stubborn guy wouldn't let me drive him). Praying he gets to feeling better quick...his parents arrive tomorrow!!! :) Yeah!! So, here are a couple pictures of Nolan eating his frozen treat. Hopefully while G& G McMenamy are here we can get some shots of all of us...you probably are starting to forget what Brian and I look like! Don't worry, we're still as gorgeous as you remember! Hee hee!! Scratch that, Blogger won't let me uploat any pics. GRR!! I will try again later today!

2 comments:

momto2boys said...

Darn blogger!!! I want pictures... take lots while you hang out with the grandparents...okay?? :)

Kim and Matt said...

How cute about Nolan's popsicle! We'll have to try that with Avery :) And PS, Avery said she is totally OK about Nolan hanging out with other girls. I guess long distance relationships really don't work! Hee Hee :) Hugs and kisses!!!