Thursday, October 26, 2006

Dinner with my Man

Friday night Brian arranged for a babysitter (yes, he did ALL the planning) and took me to dinner. We dropped Nolan off at a friend/co-workers house, Missy who has a daughter who wants to babysit, but isn't quite old enough to go it alone. So Missy supervised and McKenzie, her daughter did the "work" of taking care of Nolan. Her best friend helped, along with a couple girls from the neighborhood. When I sat Nolan down in a room with young girls all vying for his attention his smile was so big we could have gone to Mexico and I don't think he would have cared. They took him for a walk and were brave enough to feed him dinner. It's a messy process these days, as he refuses to let us feed him unless he is armed with a spoon of his own...and he's not afraid to use it!!! So we explained it may be messy and packed PJ's for him to get into once he was finished eating. Well, it must have been REALLY messy because after dinner the girls decided he needed a bath! They got into their swim suits and bathed Nolan. HOW CUTE!!! He had a blast and was so tuckered out from all the playing.
Meanwhile, Brian took me to the Bonefish Grill in Destin. It was a great, trendy restaurant with awesome service, very reasonable prices and amazing food! I had swordfish and it was sooooo yummy! I know Brian and I don't go out near enough and it's our own fault, but its nice when we do. I know we need that couple time and we have to work at not talking about Nolan the whole time, but once we get chatting, I remember why I married him. He's pretty funny and charming, my hubby. Thanks for a wonderful evening Brian. I love you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw what a guy!! Couple time..I kinda remember what that is...hee hee

Dawn said...

How sweet of him! Looks like you found a great guy!

Mom Mc said...

What a beautiful and handsome couple! Glad you swung a night out. It can mean a lot. Sounds like lil Cooter had a good time also.

Kim and Matt said...

What a nice guy! :) Good Job Brian!!