Saturday, October 21, 2006

Puppy Love

Thursday morning I was fixing Nolan's breakfast and looked out the kitchen window to see an adorable puppy dodging cars in the street. I ran outside and called her and at first she wouldn't come. But when I turned around she followed me...into our house. She had no collar. She was so super cute. I was pretty sure she belonged to the people across the street from us, so I put a note on their door. No one called all day, so we played with her and she came out of her shell and really was a sweetheart. She is a whiner, which I don't miss about puppies, especially when I have a napping child. But the puppy snuggles and kisses...ahh, love it. So I saw the young boy get home from school and took Gypsy (as I named her) over. He opened the door and I said, "Is this your dog." He said, "Yeah, I was wondering where she was." No thank you, nothing. The next morning, it was like deja vu. Brian said, "There's the puppy again." This time two cars almost hit the dog and the cars were screeching to avoid hitting the puppy. We kept the puppy all day again and debated what we should do. We very much didn't want to give it back, but were unsure of the legal issues. So at 4 the kid knocks on our door and says, "Do you have my dog?" I said yes and explained that the dog was almost hit by a car and that she needs a collar. He giggled and said, "Yeah my friend keeps telling me that." The next time the dog gets out I am taking it to the shelter. I am so sad that people who just don't care and are so lazy bother getting dogs. It's so sad. On a bright note, here are pics of the puppy playing with Nolan:

1 comment:

Amanda & Ron Hubbard said...

So cute! Next time keep her! I hate seeing dogs without collars. We've had 4 lost dogs at our house, all with no collars. It breaks my heart to take them to the shelter, but at least they will be safe and taken care of. Good for you for being such as caring person!