Saturday, August 04, 2007

Big Owie!

Poor Nolan! He and I were sitting on the porch last night, in the two chairs out front. He likes to sit there and chat with me and can climb up and down really well. Last night, though he decided to be daring and stand on the chair. I told him firmly to SIT DOWN and I meanwhile got up to go make him sit or get down. He thought it was funny, of course, and was hurrying to sit down so he didn't get "in trouble" all the while thinking it's a game...and yep, you guessed it, he tumbled off the chair onto the concrete, landing on his face! I know he broke the fall with his hands or his face would have been much worse. It was so sad and so scary. I almost took him to the ER to make sure he didn't have a concussion, but Nurse Grandma M told me what signs to look for and he seemed fine. After a nice bath, we snuggled up on the couch to watch some TV before bed. Brother Bear was on and Nolan was loving it! He climbed out of my lap and went to the other end of the couch and we each had our head on either end of the couch, sharing the blanket. He's such a cutie pie. I checked on him multiple times last night after he went to bed and I'm relieved to report he's fine and into brewing up new troubles today. His face looks pretty scuffed up, but not as bad as I thought it would be. Thanks Grandma M for the help and reassurance! My sweet cuddle bug. You can kind of see his bright red nose & forehead here. He scraped his forehead, nose, upper lip and got a tiny scratch on his cheek. I told him he was awfully tough, so all night he would say, "I'm tough!":

5 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

Im glad your ok big guy! Quit scaring your mommy like that :)

Kim and Matt said...

Poor munchkin. Glad he's all right. :) Miss you! Talk to you soon!!

momto2boys said...

I LOVE this age... :) Look how cute he is... sorry about his owie!!!

liz said...

Sorry for your owe-owe little man. You're such a doll even with a red nose.

Bengela said...

We had lots of fun hanging out w/Brian last night at the b-ball game. I couldn't get a word in edge-wise as Ben and Brian talked about deployments...I think Brian has a new BFF :)

ang