Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Rip Out my Heart

I think Nolan is definitely feeling the absence of Brian...we all are. Anyway, our normally go-to-bed-easily little boy has not liked to go down in the last few days. He only cries for maybe 1 minute, but I don't like the crying period. He makes up little excuses to keep me in there longer (which I honeslty didn't think would happen so soon). After we read about 5 books he then says, PIGGIE (this little piggie went to the market). One foot isn't good enough, the other 5 piggies would surely get jealous, so we must do both feet. Then more water, please. Then point at the pictures on the wall of Momma pregnant and point out Haley, Tootsie, Momma, Daddy. Then be extra cute & giggle and put his cute little hands on my cheeks and smile. It goes on and on and I love it....but today I put in him in his crib, left the room and do you know what I hear? Screams of the word "CUDDLE ME! CUDDLE!" followed me out of the room. I am broken hearted. I wanted to run in there and give him all the cuddles he wants, but then I'd be in bigger trouble later. He is quiet now, probably reading his crib books and it's taking every ounce of reasoning not to run in there and kiss him and love him. When he wakes up...he better watch out, I'm going to have all KINDS of snuggles stored up!!!!

2 comments:

The Vrabecs said...

Be strong!! They know all kinds of tricks and exactly what will get to you! On another note, what a cutie!!

Keelee said...

Well... look at the good side- it takes a pretty high cognitve child to manipulate- and he's doing a great job!!!

Hang in there! Thinking of you!